How to establish operational excellence in the cloud? An essential step is to consider how you will monitor the health of your Amazon Web Services workloads. Lack of consistent monitoring and observability impact your resources availability and resiliency and can add risk to your business. It also influences your ability to respond and remediate failures in the case of outages. So, how to properly monitor serverless applications on AWS? That was the purpose of the 3rd webinar in the AWS & Intetics joint series, whose recording is now available on YouTube.
On November 17, Matheus Arrais, AWS Sr. Partner Solutions Architect, and Sergey Dudal, Intetics PM/Cloud Solutions CoE (Centers of Excellence) Leader, hosted the 3rd AWS series webinar titled “Monitor at Scale Your Serverless Application on AWS.”
Here are some key takeaways from the event:
- What’s observability and the AWS services to manage it. Monitoring is more than just watching for failures. For instance, is your application performing as expected? Do your customers get the user experience that you want to deliver to them? What is the business impact? All those questions are important, and monitoring if there was a failure or not is just one of the steps. Besides, you will also explore the three pillars of observability.
- AWS Services for monitoring. You will explore the breadth and depth of such services as CloudWatch and X-Ray.
- An example of monitoring serverless applications on AWS. Matheus describes what and how you can monitor and demonstrated how to do this.
Why is this topic important? The problem is that many of our clients usually face several challenges when they start working with serverless. They are the following:
- Monitoring. Serverless applications usually include many components, services, and configurations, so it is tough to monitor them. What does AWS offer to this challenge?
- Full continuous deployment. The question is, how to efficiently control this process?
- Cost-efficiency. When clients start building traditional cloud solutions, particularly those who have never had experience with the cloud before, usually think serverless costs more than running resources on premise.
That is not true. Serverless applications cost less than traditional cloud, like EC2-based applications or running resources on-premises. With serverless you pay only for the resources that you use. Moreover, while monitoring serverless applications on AWS, you can put more time into your business logic, making sure you are addressing properly your core needs.
Watch the full video recording on YouTube and enjoy monitoring and observability made simple:
Find previous webinars: Take the Real Advantage of the Cloud with AWS! Find the Intetics & AWS Joint Webinar Series Out Now on YouTube.
Stay tuned for upcoming events! Do you want to exploit the potential of the cloud and its native features? Reach out today! We do not just transfer your processes and data to the cloud — with the help of our AWS Consultancy practice, organizations can identify, launch, and scale new businesses, as well as create new revenue streams.