We already shared how it was at the Festival of Sourcing, the bright celebration of the 35th anniversary of the Global Sourcing Association. Let’s refresh this one of the summer’s greatest event highlights — the now available video of the SourcingTech Panel.
SourcingTech Panel’s central question this year was: “What are the latest trends in technologies, and how do you contract for them, ethically?”
The panel, chaired by Terry Walby, Council Member at the GSA, gathered five experts in Global Sourcing, Intelligent Automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Technology Outsourcing industries. Here is the list of panelists:
- Kerry Hallard, GSA CEO
- Sarah Burnett, Chief Technology Evangelist at KYP.ai
- Boris Kontsevoi, CEO and President at Intetics
- Paul Joukador, Partner, Commercial, Technology, and Outsourcing at RPC
- Nigel Wilson, Of Counsel at RPC
Mr. Kontsevoi shared his opinion on the current state of software outsourcing and his view of adopting best practices to transform the global strategic sourcing industry and delivery of technology and business services.
The panelists discussed the following hot topics relevant to any industry where technologies are inevitable:
- The importance of boosting industry collaboration.
- Promoting best practices of process automation to combat the global talent crisis.
- Legal aspects of disclosing case studies and the reluctance of organizations to share them.
- Examples of unethical use cases of emerging technologies and ways to solve it,
- and others.